InSpec® Crane and Hoist Safety Solutions
At CRANE 1, our overhead crane inspection offerings are customized to meet the specific needs of our customers and their equipment. Based on the condition of your equipment as well as its usage and environment, we work with you to determine a program of frequent and periodic inspections that will:
- Ensure safety
- Reduce the potential for liability
- Improve productivity by reducing costs and unplanned downtime
- Increase equipment life
- Comply with OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, NEC as well as other relevant standards
Our InSpec Safety Solutions include comprehensive safety and compliance inspections, assessment of the operating condition of your crane, proactive maintenance and operator training. CRANE 1 Safety Specialists gather all information, perform a detailed safety and operational inspection, and provide customized close-the-loop recommendations for repairs or preventive maintenance of your equipment. We provide real-time reporting and give you a working plan that includes required critical actions and best practices.
Crane Safety Inspection Features
- Professionally designed solutions that are OEM, OSHA, ANSI, NEC and CMAA Compliant
- Customized service protocols for your specific equipment and operations
- On-site and on-time service delivery by an InSpec Certified Safety Specialist
- Scheduled proactive maintenance to ensure that your equipment operates properly and safely
- Real-time actionable data with on-demand service reports, web-based reporting, daily alerts and trend reports
- Equipment component assessments for immediate breakdown parts identification
- Asset management and tracking information
- Customized inspection systems and processes
Highly Qualified & Certified Inspectors
Overhead cranes and hoists are potentially dangerous when there are unknown or unrepaired structural, mechanical or electrical deficiencies. To ensure safety, only experienced and properly qualified professionals with training to understand specific design, function and repair requirements shall undertake crane and hoist safety inspections, maintenance and repairs.
Our inspectors are trained mechanics and electricians who have the skills and knowledge to correctly identify and fix safety and operational problems present in your cranes and hoists. You can rest assured that our InSpec Certified Crane Safety Specialists exceed the requirements of CMAA Specification 78 as well as our own rigorous standards.
Proof Load Tests and Certification
Properly performed load tests ensure that your equipment is in proper operating condition for safe operation. Documented proof load testing must be carried out on every crane per the requirements of OSHA and ANSI.
At CRANE 1, our inspectors and technicians perform thousands of load tests annually using certified weights, water weights and certified scale/available weight. We execute load tests on equipment with capacities from one-quarter ton to well over 100 tons. Generally, the equipment is tested to 125% — per the requirements of OSHA 1910.179.
Operator Safety Training
CRANE 1 offers on-site training of your operators in the safe use of overhead cranes and hoists. Three levels of classes are offered:
- Crane Operator and Safety Training — 4 hours to 2 days
- Refresher Crane Operation and Safety — 2 to 4 hours
- Crane Safety Toolbox Meeting — 30 minutes
The time required for each course depends on the number of students and variety of equipment covered during training.